• Last Logged In: 05 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Arranmc182
    Medion MD98300 Speaker buzz when OSS drivers insta
    After i have upgraded my sound drivers to the latest OSS drivers to get my headphone jack to work but now when i plug in to charge and plug in to Ethernet it makes the speakers buzz and i dont know how to fix this:S .
    Link to this post 03 Jul 09

After i have upgraded my sound drivers to the latest OSS drivers to get my headphone jack to work but now when i plug in to charge and plug in to Ethernet it makes the speakers buzz and i dont know how to fix this:S .

• Arranmc182
    ALSA vs OSS Digital sound cards
    I would like to know what your guys takes on this is ALSA Drives is on all of the big players distros like Ubuntu & Open Suse and the dont come with a OSS driver at all and i think this is bad as OSS has better support for Digital sound cards than ALSA dose at the moment. Just post back what you think ALSA vs OSS when it comes to digital sound
    Link to this post 26 Jun 09

I would like to know what your guys takes on this is ALSA Drives is on all of the big players distros like Ubuntu & Open Suse and the dont come with a OSS driver at all and i think this is bad as OSS has better support for Digital sound cards than ALSA dose at the moment. Just post back what you think ALSA vs OSS when it comes to digital sound

• Arranmc182
    RE: ALSA
    i would look in to ditching the ALSA drivers and installing the OSS drivers for sound there much better and seem to work better with newer sound cards i use them and now have no sound problems:laugh:

i would look in to ditching the ALSA drivers and installing the OSS drivers for sound there much better and seem to work better with newer sound cards i use them and now have no sound problems:laugh:

• Arranmc182
    nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio FIX
    I have had lots of problems with the nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2) audio chip things like the headphone jack not working it is all down to the ALSA drivers what you need to do is download OSS drivers from [url]http://www.opensound.com/[/url] and set the OSS drivers as your default sound. i have tested this with Ubuntu 9.04 on Medion MD98300 Notebook.

I have had lots of problems with the nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2) audio chip things like the headphone jack not working it is all down to the ALSA drivers what you need to do is download OSS drivers from http://www.opensound.com/ and set the OSS drivers as your default sound. i have tested this with Ubuntu 9.04 on Medion MD98300 Notebook.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board