• Last Logged In: 04 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Reed
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    [url=http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200905132157241280x800s.png][img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5480/200905132157241280x800s.th.png[/img][/url]
    Link to this post 14 May 09

• Reed
    RE: List Your Favourite CLI Programs & Utilities
    ncmpcpp screen calcurse

ncmpcpp
    screen
    calcurse

• Reed
    RE: ALSA
    When you open alsamixer in the terminal, are you adjusting more than one channel? The panel applet is set to control just one channel, usually master or pcm. When you adjust from alsamixer, the settings are not automatically saved, so each time you restart, it's reverting to the old settings. To save your settings after adjusting from the terminal, type: [b]sudo alsactl store[/b]

When you open alsamixer in the terminal, are you adjusting more than one channel? The panel applet is set to control just one channel, usually master or pcm. When you adjust from alsamixer, the settings are not automatically saved, so each time you restart, it's reverting to the old settings. To save your settings after adjusting from the terminal, type: sudo alsactl store

• Reed
    RE: Linux on the new Sony P Series notebook
    I hadn't even heard of this one until now. I googled it - this is their netbook, right? The one I'm looking at is $900 for specs no better than any of the $400 netbooks, yikes! Anyway, a quick glance gives no reason why it couldn't run linux. It's got an atom processor and and intel graphics card. What specifically is happening when you try and boot? Are you getting any error messages?

I hadn't even heard of this one until now. I googled it - this is their netbook, right? The one I'm looking at is $900 for specs no better than any of the $400 netbooks, yikes! Anyway, a quick glance gives no reason why it couldn't run linux. It's got an atom processor and and intel graphics card. What specifically is happening when you try and boot? Are you getting any error messages?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board