• Last Logged In: 01 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • david93
    use command line to chat
    hi all, i am wondering if its possible to comminucate with friends in command line. something like messenger in comand line. many thanks
    Link to this post 22 Dec 09

hi all, i am wondering if its possible to comminucate with friends in command line. something like messenger in comand line.
    many thanks

• david93
    hi all
    hallo my name is david and i am 16 years old. i started linux ubuntu about a year ago. i spend quite a lots of time on it, researching and learning different things about linux and unix. can you tell me please is there any way i could earn some pocket money with linux from home while i am spending time on it. i am in school as well and i dont want to work part time on something else because after i cant spend time on linux. can you suggest me what to do please. thank you very much appreciate it.
    Link to this post 13 Jun 09

hallo
    my name is david and i am 16 years old. i started linux ubuntu about a year ago. i spend quite a lots of time on it, researching and learning different things about linux and unix. can you tell me please is there any way i could earn some pocket money with linux from home while i am spending time on it.
    i am in school as well and i dont want to work part time on something else because after i cant spend time on linux. can you suggest me what to do please.
    thank you very much appreciate it.

• david93
    RE: gstreamer
    thank you very much for your help guys. i v done it. i updated my system offline and i also changed server link for updates and that solved. thank you very much appreciate it lol
    Link to this post 13 Jun 09

thank you very much for your help guys. i v done it. i updated my system offline and i also changed server link for updates and that solved. thank you very much appreciate it lol

• david93
    oh i did reboot my laptop but it the same thing coming up all the time. i think there is some kind of bug or something like that. cos i cant remove or install anything.
    Link to this post 10 Jun 09

oh i did reboot my laptop but it the same thing coming up all the time. i think there is some kind of bug or something like that. cos i cant remove or install anything.

• david93
    sorry but what do you mean by rebooting client?
    Link to this post 10 Jun 09

sorry but what do you mean by rebooting client?

• david93
    thank you very much for trying to help but it didnt work. this come up as a result; (Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: unable to open files list file for package `linux-restricted-modules-2.6.27-11-generic': Stale NFS file handle E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
    Link to this post 09 Jun 09

thank you very much for trying to help but it didnt work. this come up as a result;

(Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
    unable to open files list file for package `linux-restricted-modules-2.6.27-11-generic': Stale NFS file handle
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

• david93
    gstreamer
    hi all. i v got linux ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop and every time i try to uninstall something or install it wont let. it wont even let me to install updates. on update list i v got gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad but i cant put tick on it and it also says that its a distribution update. so every time i try to install updates or install some software or uninstall something this comes up in terminal: (reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: unable to open files list file for package 'linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17-11-generic' : stale NFS file handle E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2) A package failed to install. Trying to recover: can you help me please. thanks a lot.
    Link to this post 09 Jun 09

hi all. i v got linux ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop and every time i try to uninstall something or install it wont let. it wont even let me to install updates. on update list i v got gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad but i cant put tick on it and it also says that its a distribution update. so every time i try to install updates or install some software or uninstall something this comes up in terminal:

(reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
    unable to open files list file for package 'linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17-11-generic' : stale NFS file handle
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
    A package failed to install. Trying to recover:

can you help me please. thanks a lot.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board