• Last Logged In: 05 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Ludovic FERRE
    RE: looking for Linux distr with OpenOffice Base insid
    You can install OpenOffice Base from the 'Add/Remove Application' Gnome user interface. I think that the package is not included in the default installation because it's not used that often (and Ubuntu still runs out of a standard cd). Here's a screenshot: [url]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/oooDatabase.png[/url]
    Link to this post 18 Jun 09

You can install OpenOffice Base from the 'Add/Remove Application' Gnome user interface.

I think that the package is not included in the default installation because it's not used that often (and Ubuntu still runs out of a standard cd).

Here's a screenshot: http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/oooDatabase.png

• Ludovic FERRE
    RE: Your Computer Specifications
    I run a lot of VM on my desktop, so it's a little bigger than the one you have: AMD Quad core Phenom 8GB DDR2 4x250GB SATA drives I run Ubuntu Jaunty with VMWare server and can happily have 5 or 6 VM's running concurrently (with database workloads etc). My laptop is loaded with Karmic.
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

I run a lot of VM on my desktop, so it's a little bigger than the one you have:

AMD Quad core Phenom
    8GB DDR2
    4x250GB SATA drives

I run Ubuntu Jaunty with VMWare server and can happily have 5 or 6 VM's running concurrently (with database workloads etc).

My laptop is loaded with Karmic.

• Ludovic FERRE
    RE: enhancement of echo
    Hum... interesting question. Echo is a simple program, with plenty of options already (man echo for details ^_^). So I guess it is quite complete already. I never encountered snaggs with echo.
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

Hum... interesting question. Echo is a simple program, with plenty of options already (man echo for details ^_^).

So I guess it is quite complete already. I never encountered snaggs with echo.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board