• Last Logged In: 30 Mar 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Ignatius881
    RE: wifi on openSUSE
    Hello. (I don't know why I didn't receive a notification :blink: ) Well, YAST is very difficult to use for me, and when I do the steps of the tutorial ( http://en.opensuse.org/Ndiswrapper_howto ), my YAST seems to work in a different way. Network Manager too. My driver is well loaded. My ndiswrapper module is also well loaded. I don't see any wireless networks. I don't remember my wireless chipset, but I think it's ralink.
    Link to this post 12 Apr 10

Hello.

(I don't know why I didn't receive a notification :blink: )

Well, YAST is very difficult to use for me, and when I do the steps of the tutorial ( http://en.opensuse.org/Ndiswrapper_howto ), my YAST seems to work in a different way. Network Manager too.

My driver is well loaded.

My ndiswrapper module is also well loaded.

I don't see any wireless networks.

I don't remember my wireless chipset, but I think it's ralink.

• Ignatius881
    RE: wifi on openSUSE
    Hello. Well, I tried to configure internet with the terminal, but I can't do it. First, I wrote iwconfig wlan0 essid (the name of my connection). OK Secondly, I wrote iwconfig wlan0 key (my WEP key). It didn't work. I need help.
    Link to this post 01 Mar 10

Hello.

Well, I tried to configure internet with the terminal, but I can't do it.

First, I wrote iwconfig wlan0 essid (the name of my connection). OK

Secondly, I wrote iwconfig wlan0 key (my WEP key). It didn't work.

I need help.

• Ignatius881
    RE: Desktop environment doesn't work
    Mmm, I think that I found a solution. I have to install KDE. When I used KDE, it works very well, with no problems. But with GNOME I have that problem.
    Link to this post 22 Feb 10

Mmm, I think that I found a solution.

I have to install KDE. When I used KDE, it works very well, with no problems. But with GNOME I have that problem.

• Ignatius881
    Well, I don't know why happens that. But it's strange. Because sometimes openSUSE starts well, and another times it starts with text mode :S Because of problems with Internet on it, I downloaded some games from sourceforge with my Vista (Rigs of Rods, Vega Strike, No Gravity and Freeorion) and tried to install them on openSUSE. Maybe that is the cause.
    Link to this post 19 Feb 10

Well, I don't know why happens that.

But it's strange. Because sometimes openSUSE starts well, and another times it starts with text mode :S

Because of problems with Internet on it, I downloaded some games from sourceforge with my Vista (Rigs of Rods, Vega Strike, No Gravity and Freeorion) and tried to install them on openSUSE. Maybe that is the cause.

• Ignatius881
    Thanks. I'll try that, and I'll inform about my results. In fact, this is the first time I've heard that command :blink:
    Link to this post 18 Feb 10

Thanks.

I'll try that, and I'll inform about my results.

In fact, this is the first time I've heard that command :blink:

• Ignatius881
    Desktop environment doesn't work
    Hello. Today I discovered that I can't see my desktop (GNOME), but a terminal, text mode environment. I don't know why did that happen. I want to use again GNOME, but what can I do to use it?
    Link to this post 18 Feb 10

Hello.

Today I discovered that I can't see my desktop (GNOME), but a terminal, text mode environment. I don't know why did that happen.

I want to use again GNOME, but what can I do to use it?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board