• Last Logged In: 20 Jun 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • wolfgangmob
    RE: Wi-Fi repeating software
    Seems like most distros on that list are meant for headless set up, I'm more of wanting one for use inside of a Linux distro as needed with full GUI.
    Link to this post 31 Oct 09

Seems like most distros on that list are meant for headless set up, I'm more of wanting one for use inside of a Linux distro as needed with full GUI.

• wolfgangmob
    Wi-Fi repeating software
    Is there any program designed for repeating a wi-fi signal and controlling the bandwidth allowed to be taken up by the AP. I would prefer an app that would be able to work with dual wi-fi NIC or a standard wired and wireless NIC (which is like my current set up), or if possible on that can utilize a single wi-fi NIC.
    Link to this post 14 Oct 09

Is there any program designed for repeating a wi-fi signal and controlling the bandwidth allowed to be taken up by the AP. I would prefer an app that would be able to work with dual wi-fi NIC or a standard wired and wireless NIC (which is like my current set up), or if possible on that can utilize a single wi-fi NIC.

• wolfgangmob
    Putting an old tower to work.
    What would be a good distro to make use of an old PIII 866MHz tower with 512MB PC100 memory (128+128+256) and 2 IDE Hard drives 15GB and 10GB, what distro could make use of this box and what use could I make of this box, it has dual ethernet ports (one on the motherboard and one PCI card).
    Link to this post 25 Sep 09

What would be a good distro to make use of an old PIII 866MHz tower with 512MB PC100 memory (128+128+256) and 2 IDE Hard drives 15GB and 10GB, what distro could make use of this box and what use could I make of this box, it has dual ethernet ports (one on the motherboard and one PCI card).

• wolfgangmob
    RE: Opening mp3 with GNOME file browser fails
    I have the same issue, it might just be something with Rythmbox with new files that aren't in the playlist.
    Link to this post 14 May 09

I have the same issue, it might just be something with Rythmbox with new files that aren't in the playlist.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board