• Last Logged In: 03 Apr 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • MasenM
    RE: What is the best?
    Marc is right, any of the large distributions will serve that purpose fine. If you have any more niche or specific requirements than java then we might be able to point you somewhere different.
    Link to this post 22 Mar 12

Marc is right, any of the large distributions will serve that purpose fine.

If you have any more niche or specific requirements than java then we might be able to point you somewhere different.

• MasenM
    RE: help adapting a belkin usb hub {F5L009} to ubuntu linux
    Hammerhead, Not a problem. Please do keep us updated on your progress with this, it seems like a nifty device. -MM
    Link to this post 26 Feb 12

Hammerhead,

Not a problem. Please do keep us updated on your progress with this, it seems like a nifty device.

-MM

• MasenM
    RE: help adapting a belkin usb hub {F5L009} to ubuntu linux
    Hi hammerhead, Marc was really just trying to be helpful and needed some clarification, there's no reason to get snippy about it. That said, no there do not seem to be complete drivers for the F5L009, or anyone really in active development of them at the moment. Congratulations, you've found a project! :) I did some searching around and it seems that [url=http://daeken.com/hacking-the-belkin-network-usb-hub]this guy[/url] did some serious groundwork on the reverse engineering effort and produced something at least semi-usable to start. How usable I have no idea not having the hardware to play with myself. That post is very thorough and would be a great starting point in your own efforts if you're serious about hacking on the drivers yourself. He's also posted the code he generated in that work in his github repo over [url=https://github.com/daeken/pybelkusb]here[/url]. So my suggestion to you would be to decide whether you want to take this project on or not firstly. If so go give that post a good read through, peek around through his code, and then you may want to contact him to say you're interested in development for the device as well and go from there. 2c -MM
    Link to this post 26 Feb 12

Hi hammerhead,

Marc was really just trying to be helpful and needed some clarification, there's no reason to get snippy about it.

That said, no there do not seem to be complete drivers for the F5L009, or anyone really in active development of them at the moment. Congratulations, you've found a project! :)

I did some searching around and it seems that this guy did some serious groundwork on the reverse engineering effort and produced something at least semi-usable to start. How usable I have no idea not having the hardware to play with myself. That post is very thorough and would be a great starting point in your own efforts if you're serious about hacking on the drivers yourself.

He's also posted the code he generated in that work in his github repo over here.

So my suggestion to you would be to decide whether you want to take this project on or not firstly. If so go give that post a good read through, peek around through his code, and then you may want to contact him to say you're interested in development for the device as well and go from there.

2c

-MM

• MasenM
    RE: WLAN0
    tedixh14, Sorry I disappeared on this one, mfillpot's advice is solid. Check out this [url=http://www.backtrack-linux.org/tutorials/usb-live-install/]link[/url] for simple instructions on creating a Backtrack USB key. -MM
    Link to this post 21 Feb 12

tedixh14,

Sorry I disappeared on this one, mfillpot's advice is solid.

Check out this link for simple instructions on creating a Backtrack USB key.

-MM

• MasenM
    RE: Linux Error
    I know! I posted then looked at the thread like "I could have sworn no one had answered this" :D
    Link to this post 19 Feb 12

I know! I posted then looked at the thread like "I could have sworn no one had answered this" :D

• MasenM
    RE: Linux Error
    gmlagara, Has this server been working fine for you and all of a sudden started to choke, or is this a new server you've never had working? It looks like something is mounted RO for some reason. What do your maillogs on the server say and what does the output of the [b]mount[/b] command look like? -mm
    Link to this post 19 Feb 12

gmlagara,

Has this server been working fine for you and all of a sudden started to choke, or is this a new server you've never had working?

It looks like something is mounted RO for some reason. What do your maillogs on the server say and what does the output of the mount command look like?

-mm

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board