• Last Logged In: 20 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • TheAncientGoat
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    Has anyone mentioned the lack of the poster's name on the "Last post" column? That is pretty strange.. Also, I'd like to be able to turn off image signatures, especially with the small screen estate
    Link to this post 14 May 09

Has anyone mentioned the lack of the poster's name on the "Last post" column? That is pretty strange..

Also, I'd like to be able to turn off image signatures, especially with the small screen estate

• TheAncientGoat
    RE: Best DE for a dual monitor setup
    Oh yes, I should have mentioned that I'm using an integrated Intel card :S That might be the source of my mandriva/kde problems, but everything else runs surprisingly well

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that I'm using an integrated Intel card :S That might be the source of my mandriva/kde problems, but everything else runs surprisingly well

• TheAncientGoat
    RE: Suggestion !!!
    Maybe a web-based irc client that allows you to join different application chat rooms too? Like talk to the people on #ubuntu in the ubuntu users group?

Maybe a web-based irc client that allows you to join different application chat rooms too? Like talk to the people on #ubuntu in the ubuntu users group?

• TheAncientGoat
    Best DE for a dual monitor setup
    I've been messing around with a dual monitor setup as late, without too much success. I managed to get a non-cloned output on Ubuntu (using gnome), but the gnome panels refused to spread/appear on my second screen and the resolutions refused to play nice (my laptop screen wouldn't change to a widescreen resolution). I resorted to desklets to gain functionality on that screen, but they were insanely buggy... But then an idea popped in my head, what about KDE? Plasmoids have served me pretty well in the past, and maybe its panels will budge.. So I pop in a Mandriva disk, and everything seems to work, so I try to get the screens to not clone eachother, but no luck. Xrandr just doesn't want to play along, and the desktops stay clones no matter what. Now I don't know if it's just my stupidity or something that hasn't been implemented under KDE, but it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Dual screen under linux..

I've been messing around with a dual monitor setup as late, without too much success. I managed to get a non-cloned output on Ubuntu (using gnome), but the gnome panels refused to spread/appear on my second screen and the resolutions refused to play nice (my laptop screen wouldn't change to a widescreen resolution). I resorted to desklets to gain functionality on that screen, but they were insanely buggy...

But then an idea popped in my head, what about KDE? Plasmoids have served me pretty well in the past, and maybe its panels will budge.. So I pop in a Mandriva disk, and everything seems to work, so I try to get the screens to not clone eachother, but no luck. Xrandr just doesn't want to play along, and the desktops stay clones no matter what. Now I don't know if it's just my stupidity or something that hasn't been implemented under KDE, but it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Dual screen under linux..

• TheAncientGoat
    RE: CRPG Games
    Ever tried [url=http://www.scourgeweb.org]SCOURGE[/url]? It is barely on the level of any Infinity Engine game (btw, check [url=http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php]this[/url] out, but still pretty fun. I haven't tried out any of the newer releases, so maybe it has gotten even better..

Ever tried SCOURGE? It is barely on the level of any Infinity Engine game (btw, check this out, but still pretty fun. I haven't tried out any of the newer releases, so maybe it has gotten even better..

• TheAncientGoat
    RE: The new Linux.com
    I donno, I like the visual design.. And please, give poor Tux a rest, he has to be in so many places now he recently broke down and had to have a temp stand in for him from Tasmania :P The interface design could use some work though

I donno, I like the visual design.. And please, give poor Tux a rest, he has to be in so many places now he recently broke down and had to have a temp stand in for him from Tasmania :P

The interface design could use some work though

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board