• Last Logged In: 22 Aug 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • pixel
    RE: problems with Tomcat (not working)
    Thanks. This and other links I found before. And I tried to do so but it failed. Maybe Tomcat is running and my applications are not correct. So I will learn more how to run applications with Tomcat.
    Link to this post 21 Apr 10

Thanks.

This and other links I found before. And I tried to do so but it failed.
    Maybe Tomcat is running and my applications are not correct.

So I will learn more how to run applications with Tomcat.

• pixel
    RE: problems with Tomcat (not working)
    I tried out some instructions but I failed. Apache works properly (web pages were delivered). I can start Tomcat with OpenJava (from Debian repository); but the start failed (output: "failed" ) as I tried it with SUN Java JDK. [quote]# /etc/init.d/tomcat start Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/apache-tomcat Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/apache-tomcat Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/apache-tomcat/temp Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre Using CLASSPATH: /opt/apache-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar [/quote] I cannot find the name "Tomcat" in any of my running processes. Is there a separate process or is there apache only? I couldn't find some more helpful output. How can I check the services to find out what the problem is? Thanks for any help.
    Link to this post 19 Apr 10

I tried out some instructions but I failed.

Apache works properly (web pages were delivered).

I can start Tomcat with OpenJava (from Debian repository); but the start failed (output: "failed" ) as I tried it with SUN Java JDK.

# /etc/init.d/tomcat start
    Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/apache-tomcat
    Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/apache-tomcat
    Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/apache-tomcat/temp
    Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre
    Using CLASSPATH: /opt/apache-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar

I cannot find the name "Tomcat" in any of my running processes. Is there a separate process or is there apache only?

I couldn't find some more helpful output. How can I check the services to find out what the problem is?
    Thanks for any help.

• pixel
    problems with Tomcat (not working)
    Hi, I use Debian and want to use Tomcat for web applications (JSP). So I installed Apache, Tomcat and OpenJava from the Debian repository. But it doesn't work on my local machine -> apache is running but Tomcat doesn' work. What I have to do to use Tomcat for my WebApplications?
    Link to this post 19 Apr 10

Hi,
    I use Debian and want to use Tomcat for web applications (JSP).
    So I installed Apache, Tomcat and OpenJava from the Debian repository.
    But it doesn't work on my local machine -> apache is running but Tomcat doesn' work.

What I have to do to use Tomcat for my WebApplications?

• pixel
    RE: LaTeX - Why and for what?
    I use LaTeX for almost all my stuff I create. It's good for any letters (manual and automated created), posters, music notes, good presentations, books (can handle thousands of pages perfectly) and much more. The letters look perfectly, much better than OpernOffice or so. It is a Text SETTING SYSTEM, not only a pdf-creator. Try out.
    Link to this post 09 Apr 10

I use LaTeX for almost all my stuff I create.

It's good for any letters (manual and automated created), posters, music notes, good presentations, books (can handle thousands of pages perfectly) and much more.

The letters look perfectly, much better than OpernOffice or so. It is a Text SETTING SYSTEM, not only a pdf-creator.

Try out.

• pixel
    RE: Linux from Scratch? Your experiences?
    You will need a lot of time. Take a dedicated partition and follow the LFS book. To save some time you can use the ALFS-script (automated LFS).
    Link to this post 28 Mar 10

You will need a lot of time. Take a dedicated partition and follow the LFS book.
    To save some time you can use the ALFS-script (automated LFS).

• pixel
    RE: Linux Libertine font with LaTeX
    Here is the solution I got: [code] \documentclass[a4paper,10pt, twoside, smallheadings]{scrartcl} %XeLaTeX spezific \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec} \usepackage{xunicode} \usepackage{xltxtra} \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} %roman font \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} % sans font \setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} % monospace font % -------------------- \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[ngerman]{babel} \begin{document} test. \end{document} [/code] Compile: [code] xelatex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex [/code]
    Link to this post 04 Jul 09

Here is the solution I got:

\documentclass[a4paper,10pt, twoside, smallheadings]{scrartcl}

%XeLaTeX spezific
    \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
    \usepackage{xunicode}
    \usepackage{xltxtra}
    \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} %roman font
    \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} % sans font
    \setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O} % monospace font
    % --------------------

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
    \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

\begin{document}
    test.

\end{document}

Compile:

xelatex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex

• pixel
    Linux Libertine font with LaTeX
    Hi, I use Ubuntu with Gnome, Texlive and Texmaker. I want to use the Libertine font in my pdf documents. But all instructions failed. So what have I to do to include the Libertine font? Please do not send me some links; I've read it all. Thanks.
    Link to this post 03 Jul 09

Hi,

I use Ubuntu with Gnome, Texlive and Texmaker.

I want to use the Libertine font in my pdf documents.

But all instructions failed.

So what have I to do to include the Libertine font?

Please do not send me some links; I've read it all.

Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board