• Last Logged In: 02 Aug 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Dic_Faygo
    RE: Done with Microsoft
    Okay so I hvae Ubuntu 9.1 on one PC, and none of my USB seem to be working. If i select the USB Disk Creator thing it shows the USB SD Reader, but i cant find it anywhere else.
    Link to this post 03 Aug 09

Okay so I hvae Ubuntu 9.1 on one PC, and none of my USB seem to be working. If i select the USB Disk Creator thing it shows the USB SD Reader, but i cant find it anywhere else.

• Dic_Faygo
    Ive got a PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard now, but I cant activate my wireless DLink network card. everything i select to activate the devices it just says failed. I have wifi in the room as my ipod and ps3 connect there.
    Link to this post 31 Jul 09

Ive got a PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard now, but I cant activate my wireless DLink network card. everything i select to activate the devices it just says failed. I have wifi in the room as my ipod and ps3 connect there.

• Dic_Faygo
    Okay so i've tried Fedora 8 and 11 on two differnt PCs and ive also tried Ubuntu 8 and 9.04 on both the same PCs and they both have the USB issue, I have a PS2 Keyboard hooked up to one pc and it worked. Now for the bios thing, is there a biios or manual setup for the Linux live CDs? or does it boot default info, and for Ubuntu 9.04 on my Quad Core, it hits Starting Bluetooth and then stops ffrom there, i let it go for over a half hour and nothing loaded, how can i get around that?
    Link to this post 23 Jul 09

Okay so i've tried Fedora 8 and 11 on two differnt PCs and ive also tried Ubuntu 8 and 9.04 on both the same PCs and they both have the USB issue, I have a PS2 Keyboard hooked up to one pc and it worked.
    Now for the bios thing, is there a biios or manual setup for the Linux live CDs? or does it boot default info, and for Ubuntu 9.04 on my Quad Core, it hits Starting Bluetooth and then stops ffrom there, i let it go for over a half hour and nothing loaded, how can i get around that?

• Dic_Faygo
    Okay ive got my Fedora 8 i686 for my quad core and once it boots none of my USB ports work, they dont even light up my mouse. Ive also tried an Ubuntu 8.10 and it doesnt boot up. Im downloading and trying another one. but until then i need help with fedora
    Link to this post 21 Jul 09

Okay ive got my Fedora 8 i686 for my quad core and once it boots none of my USB ports work, they dont even light up my mouse. Ive also tried an Ubuntu 8.10 and it doesnt boot up. Im downloading and trying another one. but until then i need help with fedora

• Dic_Faygo
    thanks everyone for the info, ive heard about Linux Fedora when i was working with my PS3 and now i run the Live DVD on my PC and my mouse doesnt work ... does anyone know what could be up with that??
    Link to this post 08 Jul 09

thanks everyone for the info, ive heard about Linux Fedora when i was working with my PS3 and now i run the Live DVD on my PC and my mouse doesnt work ... does anyone know what could be up with that??

• Dic_Faygo
    OH and is there anyway to turn a Rogers Samsung Jack from windows mobile to Linux??? that would be too cool!!!!!
    Link to this post 07 Jul 09

OH and is there anyway to turn a Rogers Samsung Jack from windows mobile to Linux??? that would be too cool!!!!!

• Dic_Faygo
    Done with Microsoft
    :unsure: Im a newbie w/ Linux, I have Yellow Dog on my PS3 and Love it more then the XMB by Sony. I want to convert ALL my home PCs to one version of linux or another, but I need to know where to start. I need [b][/b]lots[b][/b] of help with gettign started. First off, how do i pick a Linux that is right for me?? Im a tattoo Artist so i would need something that would be good for image editing. Also i need a media player, music and art are my life. Can someone help me??? Thank You Rob Smith River of Blood Tattoos MCL
    Link to this post 07 Jul 09

:unsure:

Im a newbie w/ Linux, I have Yellow Dog on my PS3 and Love it more then the XMB by Sony. I want to convert ALL my home PCs to one version of linux or another, but I need to know where to start. I need lots of help with gettign started.

First off, how do i pick a Linux that is right for me??
    Im a tattoo Artist so i would need something that would be good for image editing. Also i need a media player, music and art are my life.

Can someone help me???

Thank You

Rob Smith
    River of Blood Tattoos
    MCL

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board