• Last Logged In: 31 Jan 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • QBall2U
    Linux program to create LiveCD of installed Debian
    I saw some program (I forget what it was called) on another distro that allows one to create a LiveCD of their installed linux (as a backup in case of emergency and/or to carry around with you) ... I _think_ that it was a GUI program!? I am using Kanotix Excalibur (with the latest Debian / KDE kernel) and I see no such program listed in Synaptic (or did I miss something somewhere)!? Even though I've used Linux for several years, I'm not real knowledgeable on Linux's command-line or terminal commands and would prefer to stay away from anything that was too complicated; I'd prefer a program that would do all the necessary work and all I'd have to do was click a few [OK]'s, and maybe do as _little_ bit of typing as possible! ;) Can anyone point me to a program (or more) such as I am asking about? Thanks all, QBall
    Link to this post 12 Jul 09

I saw some program (I forget what it was called) on another distro that allows one to create a LiveCD of their installed linux (as a backup in case of emergency and/or to carry around with you) ... I _think_ that it was a GUI program!? I am using Kanotix Excalibur (with the latest Debian / KDE kernel) and I see no such program listed in Synaptic (or did I miss something somewhere)!? Even though I've used Linux for several years, I'm not real knowledgeable on Linux's command-line or terminal commands and would prefer to stay away from anything that was too complicated; I'd prefer a program that would do all the necessary work and all I'd have to do was click a few [OK]'s, and maybe do as _little_ bit of typing as possible! ;) Can anyone point me to a program (or more) such as I am asking about? Thanks all, QBall

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board