• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 05 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Keebs
    RE: looking for a direction to start in.
    If it helps with any suggestions, here are some of the specs for my desktop. HDD: 1tb Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache RAM:4gb
    Link to this post 21 Jul 09

If it helps with any suggestions, here are some of the specs for my desktop.
    HDD: 1tb
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache
    RAM:4gb

• Keebs
    looking for a direction to start in.
    I have never used Linux before and know little to nothing. my goal is to run a dual boot on my desktop(self built), and i have just bought a netbook(ASUS Eee 1005HA), and depending on how well i do with running linux on my desktop i like to have load it on my netbook. I know that is two totally different things of loading on a desktop and netbook. So i have been searching around this site, and it is a great how much information is on here, but it is a little too much for me right now. so I am asking for people to give me a general direction to start, because right now i do not even know where to start. I am aware this is probably some of the most open questioning ever, but bare with me. any helpful links and any suggestions are most welcome. Thank You
    Link to this post 21 Jul 09

I have never used Linux before and know little to nothing. my goal is to run a dual boot on my desktop(self built), and i have just bought a netbook(ASUS Eee 1005HA), and depending on how well i do with running linux on my desktop i like to have load it on my netbook. I know that is two totally different things of loading on a desktop and netbook. So i have been searching around this site, and it is a great how much information is on here, but it is a little too much for me right now. so I am asking for people to give me a general direction to start, because right now i do not even know where to start. I am aware this is probably some of the most open questioning ever, but bare with me. any helpful links and any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board