• Last Logged In: 16 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • agentrenegade
    RE: wifi problems.
    hola, ruben! it is good to hear that your issue has been resolved. On a personal note, I, too, have experiences when an issue was resolved but I do not understand how. What is important is it was resolved. In the future, I guess, you can check the site of Ubuntu (or any distro you are using) to verify which package are compatible to the hardware you are using. :)
    Link to this post 11 Jan 11

hola, ruben!

it is good to hear that your issue has been resolved.

On a personal note, I, too, have experiences when an issue was resolved but I do not understand how.

What is important is it was resolved.

In the future, I guess, you can check the site of Ubuntu (or any distro you are using) to verify which package are compatible to the hardware you are using. :)

• agentrenegade
    RE: Folder Permission through Samba Access
    It seems that this is still left unresolved. I do wonder if ubuntu has released a patch to the samba version it uses. Apparently, I encountered this after I responded to the update request of the linux server. As mentioned before, the samba connection is working. Unfortunately, one softlink does not open in the windows view. Checking the server, it shows that I can open the softlink. My speculation is this : samba has another set of permission that allows the samba user (which happens to be the same as my linux account) to open a softlink directed to another partition. Logging to the server using the linux account and linux method of authentication, the system recognizes that the account has permission to open the softlink. Connecting to the server through samba uses the permission of the samba account and apparently, the system does not allow the samba account to open the softlink. I hope someone can help me resolve this.
    Link to this post 01 Aug 10

It seems that this is still left unresolved.

I do wonder if ubuntu has released a patch to the samba version it uses.

Apparently, I encountered this after I responded to the update request of the linux server.

As mentioned before, the samba connection is working.

Unfortunately, one softlink does not open in the windows view.

Checking the server, it shows that I can open the softlink.

My speculation is this : samba has another set of permission that allows the samba user (which happens to be the same as my linux account) to open a softlink directed to another partition.

Logging to the server using the linux account and linux method of authentication, the system recognizes that the account has permission to open the softlink.

Connecting to the server through samba uses the permission of the samba account and apparently, the system does not allow the samba account to open the softlink.

I hope someone can help me resolve this.

• agentrenegade
    Folder Permission through Samba Access
    I tried to research the forum to see if there is already a written solution for this problem but I see that there is none yet. So, here it goes : I connect my winxp computer to an ubuntu server through samba connection. The connection works. In my linux home directory, there is a softlink to another root directory, it does not open. I checked the permission of the actual directory and it has a 777 permission, I do wonder why can't I access it. I tried to log in to the server, i opened the softlink, it opens. What seems to be the problem? Please advise.
    Link to this post 03 Apr 10

I tried to research the forum to see if there is already a written solution for this problem but I see that there is none yet.

So, here it goes :

I connect my winxp computer to an ubuntu server through samba connection. The connection works.

In my linux home directory, there is a softlink to another root directory, it does not open.

I checked the permission of the actual directory and it has a 777 permission, I do wonder why can't I access it.

I tried to log in to the server, i opened the softlink, it opens.

What seems to be the problem?

Please advise.

• agentrenegade
    Adjusting Partition without Reinstallation
    Hi, It has been quite a while since I posted something here. I tried to search if this question has been answered already but i cannot seem to find the right thread. I am maintaining a home server (kind of a sandbox for myself) installed with Ubuntu 8.04.2. I wish to repartition a partition previously set during the installation but I am afraid to risk doing it without proper consultation. The server contains valuable personal files, data, and objects that I cannot risk to lose. Please advise if anyone has tried to repartition an ubuntu partition without reinstalling the entire OS. If anyone has done it, please advise how to proceed. Thank you!
    Link to this post 27 Nov 09

Hi,

It has been quite a while since I posted something here.

I tried to search if this question has been answered already but i cannot seem to find the right thread.

I am maintaining a home server (kind of a sandbox for myself) installed with Ubuntu 8.04.2.

I wish to repartition a partition previously set during the installation but I am afraid to risk doing it without proper consultation.

The server contains valuable personal files, data, and objects that I cannot risk to lose.

Please advise if anyone has tried to repartition an ubuntu partition without reinstalling the entire OS.

If anyone has done it, please advise how to proceed.

Thank you!

• agentrenegade
    SAP and Ubuntu
    I tried checking the contents of this forum (focusing on the Ubuntu Distro of Linux). I was not able to find a good hit regarding SAP and Ubuntu. I wonder if anyone has an idea how to install SAP on top of Ubuntu. Anyone from our pool of gurus?
    Link to this post 15 Aug 09

I tried checking the contents of this forum (focusing on the Ubuntu Distro of Linux).

I was not able to find a good hit regarding SAP and Ubuntu. I wonder if anyone has an idea how to install SAP on top of Ubuntu.

Anyone from our pool of gurus?

• agentrenegade
    new look, new content?
    hi, i think, we should have another section for concerns related to this actual forum. i have a previous post here when this was in its old design but now when I tried to look for it, i cannot seem to find it. Is it still in the database? if not, was it archived in a particular link? If anyone knows, please advise. I know that this post should have been placed in another section but I think that section is still not available.
    Link to this post 15 May 09

hi,

i think, we should have another section for concerns related to this actual forum.

i have a previous post here when this was in its old design but now when I tried to look for it, i cannot seem to find it. Is it still in the database? if not, was it archived in a particular link?

If anyone knows, please advise.

I know that this post should have been placed in another section but I think that section is still not available.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board