• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 15 Dec 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bproffitt
    RE: We need some form of moderation on PM's!
    Indeed, this spammer was banned instantly once we learned of the transgression, and we are working to implement controls that will auto-block any spam and auto-ban any user who tries it. BKP
    Link to this post 27 May 09

Indeed, this spammer was banned instantly once we learned of the transgression, and we are working to implement controls that will auto-block any spam and auto-ban any user who tries it.

BKP

• bproffitt
    RE: Phishing attempt at Linux.com
    We are aware of these attempts. We're implementing some fixes to the system to prevent, but for now, e-mail webteam@linux.com anytime you get these things, and try to ID the user so we can kick them off immediately. There will be zero-tolerance of spamming, via forums, e-mails, and DMs. BKP
    Link to this post 21 May 09

We are aware of these attempts. We're implementing some fixes to the system to prevent, but for now, e-mail webteam@linux.com anytime you get these things, and try to ID the user so we can kick them off immediately. There will be zero-tolerance of spamming, via forums, e-mails, and DMs.

BKP

• bproffitt
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    I think that is why; I have learned to really not take things personally. Given how busy most folks are, the fact that they take time to give feedback is welcome. Regardless of the lack of niceties. BKP
    Link to this post 21 May 09

I think that is why; I have learned to really not take things personally. Given how busy most folks are, the fact that they take time to give feedback is welcome. Regardless of the lack of niceties.

BKP

• bproffitt
    RE: No server section?
    Good suggestion! Server channel added. BKP
    Link to this post 13 May 09

Good suggestion! Server channel added.

BKP

• bproffitt
    RE: echo
    You should be able to get to the source code of echo within the source code of whatever shell you are using. BKP

You should be able to get to the source code of echo within the source code of whatever shell you are using.

BKP

• bproffitt
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    Keep the comments coming; we're taking notes. :) BKP

Keep the comments coming; we're taking notes. :)

BKP

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board