• Last Logged In: 28 Jan 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Budolfson
    Network Adapter issues
    My HP DV6000 has a messed up internal wireless network adapter and I have been using a Linksys USB adapter for windows. I have converted to Linux, but Linksys does not support or have Linux drivers. Are there wireless network adapters out there for Linux or do I just buy one and hit or miss? Is there a list of compatible adapters somewhere or help with getting one working? Any help would be appreciated. :side:
    Link to this post 05 Aug 09

My HP DV6000 has a messed up internal wireless network adapter and I have been using a Linksys USB adapter for windows. I have converted to Linux, but Linksys does not support or have Linux drivers. Are there wireless network adapters out there for Linux or do I just buy one and hit or miss? Is there a list of compatible adapters somewhere or help with getting one working? Any help would be appreciated. :side:

• Budolfson
    compatable product listings
    I am trying to find a wireless network adapter that will work with the new distribution of Ubuntu Linux. Can anyone tell me a good site to look for a listing, or somewhere the shows me how to get an existing usb adapter from Linksys to function? Thank you
    Link to this post 30 Jul 09

I am trying to find a wireless network adapter that will work with the new distribution of Ubuntu Linux. Can anyone tell me a good site to look for a listing, or somewhere the shows me how to get an existing usb adapter from Linksys to function?

Thank you

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board