• Last Logged In: 28 Aug 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • sfnightfire
    RE: usb partitioning
    If you want to clear EVERYTHING from your drive, you can run the following: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/yourusbdrive obviously replace yourusbdrive with hdb or sdb, however your version of Linux reads it..
    Link to this post 20 Aug 09

If you want to clear EVERYTHING from your drive, you can run the following:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/yourusbdrive
    obviously replace yourusbdrive with hdb or sdb, however your version of Linux reads it..

• sfnightfire
    RE: Realtek RTL8139/810x F and Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
    I ran into this problem on my Laptop with Fedora 11, with the b43 chipset.. What I did, was I used fwcutter, got the firmware and installed it that way, works amazingly..
    Link to this post 20 Aug 09

I ran into this problem on my Laptop with Fedora 11, with the b43 chipset..

What I did, was I used fwcutter, got the firmware and installed it that way, works amazingly..

• sfnightfire
    RE: The Great KDE vs. GNOME thread.
    I like KDE, it is a GREAT Desktop... But for some reason I always choose GNOME... I think it is because it doesnt remind me of Windoze as much as KDE does..
    Link to this post 30 Jul 09

I like KDE, it is a GREAT Desktop... But for some reason I always choose GNOME... I think it is because it doesnt remind me of Windoze as much as KDE does..

• sfnightfire
    RE: ati-catalyst 9.6 on kernel 2.6.30(x86) Crash!!
    9.6 Catalyst drivers havent really worked since a few kernels ago... it just basically does not work..
    Link to this post 30 Jul 09

9.6 Catalyst drivers havent really worked since a few kernels ago... it just basically does not work..

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board