• Last Logged In: 07 Aug 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • fischer_76
    Selecting disto and version
    In my past life I used to admin many unix servers - prior 2002 for over 10 years. now I would like to setup one of my home computers - P4, 3.2Ghz, 500 MB RAM, 40 Gb HD, Trendnet wifi card w/Linksys router(already running on other computers in house) I would like to run compatible word/excel/acrobat reader/mozilla firefox - and yes I need to run IE if possible for certain sites what distro and why? if there is a minimal charge and great doc's, etc. I will consider I've forgot lots of commands which will come back quickly I'm sure thanks for the help
    Link to this post 05 Aug 09

In my past life I used to admin many unix servers - prior 2002 for over 10 years.

now I would like to setup one of my home computers - P4, 3.2Ghz, 500 MB RAM, 40 Gb HD, Trendnet wifi card w/Linksys router(already running on other computers in house)

I would like to run compatible word/excel/acrobat reader/mozilla firefox - and yes I need to run IE if possible for certain sites

what distro and why?

if there is a minimal charge and great doc's, etc. I will consider

I've forgot lots of commands which will come back quickly I'm sure

thanks for the help

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board