Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Printers [Resolved] Xerox Phaser 3140_3155 problems

[Resolved] Xerox Phaser 3140_3155 problems

Link to this post 18 Apr 10

Hi, I wish to adjust printer Xerox Phaser 3140. The driver from a disk are not established, or are not started or an error, the driver from an official site also are not established. In system of drivers is not present. Operating system Linux Ubuntu 9.10. Please help!!! :(

Link to this post 19 Apr 10

I'm assuming that from the official site you mean here:

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=3140_3155&Xlang=en_ZA&Xcntry=ZAF&prodName=Phaser%203140

But I don't understand what you mean by "not established".

There is pdf documentation available at the link above. Maybe you need to reinstall the drivers using cups.

Or maybe explain how you installed the drivers and what error messages are occurring after the install.

I have bought printer Xerox Phaser 3140. Inside there was a disk with drivers, This drivers are not installed(established).
Then I Has downloaded the driver from an official site, they too did not work. In a management it is written that it is necessary to enter [root@localhost root] #cd/mnt/cdrom/Linux, but then there is an error that the command [root@localhost is not found.
If you know as me to help please write me!:(

you do not need to enter the "root@localhost#" portion of the command because that is just an example of a bash shell. You need to enter the commands after the # symbol.

If you need further assistance I would like to recommend giving us the web address for the drivers and documentation that you are using because I couldn't find the Linux drivers for the specified printer on the xerox website.

Link to this post 20 Apr 10

Matt

Isn't the link I gave in Post #2 working? I could have sworn it led right to the driver. I was hoping the OP would confirm that that was the site he got the driver from.

Link to this post 20 Apr 10

Goineasy9 wrote:

Matt

Isn't the link I gave in Post #2 working? I could have sworn it led right to the driver. I was hoping the OP would confirm that that was the site he got the driver from.

You got it, It looks like I passed right over the link. It is strange that I could not find it on the Xerox website.

The instructions are really simple all the user need to do is run the install.sh from the root account.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board