Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Productivity auto print email attachments as they arrive

auto print email attachments as they arrive

Link to this post 07 Sep 10

auto print email attachments as they arrive

why is this so hard to find information on? I used a windows program in my windows computer it worked great untill the 30 days was up

I have tried "Claws mail" it seems to have actions and commands but I am way to nuibie to get how it can be done
I am open to any suggestions

the reason I want this is going to be handy to many and I tell you why - I have a Voip phone and receive all my incoming faxes to my Email as a pdf attachment. I cant be checking my email ever 5 minutes its just impractical.

any help or ideas?

Link to this post 08 Sep 10

Shouldn't be that hard with a little scrip. I'm no expert though :(

Maybe someone else can make a little script to send the attachments to your printer (although for that I guess we'll need more information about your system...)

Gmail, for example, can filter emails with just the "has an attachment" option checked. A cron job that prints everything in a certain folder can print the filtered emails after they're vectored to that folder. I find it inherently dangerous to print out all attachments, but, it all depends on how your filters work. It may be easier than you think.

I have been using linux mint - I have an email address that only gets messages sent by my Faxmail so every email has a PDF attachment - how do I make a cron job?

I do not have any guidance to offer, but the like the idea of this task. I have forwarded info about this request to a knowledgeable group I know and hopefully someone will come offer guidance.

My inquiry to outside users has yielded responses and confirmation that it has been done. I am currently awaiting a confirmation from the responders that I can repost their responses.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board