Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Productivity NEdit and disabling auto indent

NEdit and disabling auto indent

Link to this post 15 Mar 11

Yes, I suppose I *could* do that (i verified that Fedora 10 at least does not exhibit this bug). I have no special apps that would not work if i upgraded, but the last time i tried an in-place upgrade of Fedora, it was a very un-funny Comedy of Errors.

Link to this post 16 Mar 11

I understand that situation. I had to upgrade my workstation recently from CentOS 5.5 to Scientific Linux (RHEL) 6. Much suffering and gnashing of teeth at first, but now I wouldn't go back for anything! :-) Sometimes you just have to pay the piper!

Link to this post 14 Feb 12

I suppose that the language preferences take precedence over the default preferences
For example, if you edit a perl script, you have to modify this line of the file ~/.nedit/nedit.rc to suppress autoindent
Perl:.pl .pm .p5 .PL:"^[ \\t]*#[ \\t]*!.*perl":Auto:None:::".,/\\\\`'!$@#%^&*()-=+{}[]"":;<>?~|":\n\
will become
Perl:.pl .pm .p5 .PL:"^[ \\t]*#[ \\t]*!.*perl"::None:::".,/\\\\`'!$@#%^&*()-=+{}[]"":;<>?~|":\n\

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board