BT module in Slackware

Link to this post 18 May 11

How to enable bluetooth in slackware?

linustorvalds wrote:

How to enable bluetooth in slackware?

Install bluez and bluez-utils

modprobe bluetooth

/etc/init.d/bluetooth start (or service bluetooth start)

hcitool scan

There you go.

You could as well have a look at installing gnome-bluetooth or bluedevil (for kde)

Regards

if you performed a full installation then the bluetooth libraries and applications are installed, you will only need to start the service by running (as root) "sh /etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth" and if you want the service to start on boot you need to set /etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth to be executable. The blueman gui configuration tool is also installed in a full slackware installation for simplified configuration.

Link to this post 19 May 11

I installed Slackware almost with default settings. Is there any way to find out whether the installation is full one?

When i tried "sh /etc/rc/d/rc/bluetooth" i got "Usage: { start|stop|restart}
I append start with that command. Simply the terminal promt came without any success/failed messge

when I tried "/etc/rc/d/rc/bluetooth" alone, I got "Permission Denied". But, I ran as root only.

With gui, If i click bluetooth manager, its saying, "Bluez deamon is not running,blueman manager can not continue"

"/etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth executable?" No, when I checked the mode, there was no execute permission for anyone.

Then I changed the permissions. Now, its working. Thank you very much.

I tried so many forums and tried a lot. But, mathew, the word you told about, "executable" solved my problem. But, not for start on boot , even for manual start also, it should be executable, I think. you are GREAT:lol:

thank you marc , since bluetooth installed already with distro, I finished with simple mode changing. thanks man:laugh:

thank you marc , since bluetooth installed already with distro, I finished with simple mode changing. thanks man

I hope, I almost know who is the 2012 Linux Guru?. any guess mathew ? :-)

and why there is no default permission to execute "/etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth", even for root ? what reason ?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board