Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux Distributions Slackware Configuring Wired Connection in Slackware[SOLVED]

Configuring Wired Connection in Slackware[SOLVED]

Link to this post 03 Sep 11

Slackware by default only attempts to connect to the wired connection and use dhcpcd on boot. To setup the detection on normal operation you can use wicd or use the following commands:

ifconfig eth0 up
dhcpcd etho

mfillpot wrote:

Slackware by default only attempts to connect to the wired connection and use dhcpcd on boot.

yes, I noticed. :)

To setup the detection on normal operation you can use wicd or use the following commands:

normal operation means ? Detecting whenever I plugged the UTP cable?

chekkizhar wrote:

[b]mfillpot wrote:[/b]
[quote]Slackware by default only attempts to connect to the wired connection and use dhcpcd on boot.

yes, I noticed. :)

To setup the detection on normal operation you can use wicd or use the following commands:

normal operation means ? Detecting whenever I plugged the UTP cable?[/quote]

It will not prompt you when a new connection is found,but when a connection is added you will need to manually run those commands.

mfillpot wrote:

It will not prompt you when a new connection is found,but when a connection is added you will need to manually run those commands.

ok.:) currently I am in office.Not with my system. I will try with those commands and report it here.

So many options/ways are there to achieve a task in Linux. Hard to remember, unless doing those very often:cheer:

Link to this post 06 Sep 11

mfillpot wrote:

Slackware by default only attempts to connect to the wired connection and use dhcpcd on boot. To setup the detection on normal operation you can use wicd or use the following commands:

ifconfig eth0 up
dhcpcd etho

yeh, this is also working :-) . Thanks Mathew and Marc

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board