Linux.com

Articles and Tutorials

Link to this post 24 Jul 11

Hi!

I have blogged here a few times and it's easy. Yesterday I decided to submit an article instead of just posting another blog entry. It hasn't appeared on the site yet, though I did see a new addition after I submitted mine yesterday.

I'm just wondering, how long does it typically take for the editors/moderators/proofreaders etc to approve and publish a new article or tutorial? This will be my first "real article" here if it gets approved... the others are just blog posts and I can't even tell if anyone reads them.

Just curious.... how long should I wait before just posting it to my blog?

Thanks,
Robin

I know that there has been a review rule in effect to reduce spam. If it doesn't show up in a few hours, i'll send an email off and see if I can expedite it. Thanks for the submission and your patience. I'll also see if there is a way to bypass the rule for your username. I know that those that submit blogs frequently don't have to wait for review.

Thanks! It'd be so cool for li'l ol me to have an article published on this prestigious site!

Funny thing is, a newbie that I introduced to Linux had an article published on Linuxforums.org quite a while back. She was only 13 when she wrote it, so I guess I'm overdue for one of my own, lol!

Thanks!

I see two of your blogs in the Latest Community Blogs on the front page, I guess your in business. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read them later. If I reading this wrong, let me know.

Tom

The blogs are just blog entries, but the ARTICLE was about desktop environments and window managers. It has not appeared yet...

Thanks for checking though!

Ah, articles are treated differently than blog posts, I'm not familiar with that procedure. Matt might be along to shed some light on that hopefully. Sorry I misunderstood originally. We'll get to the bottom of it though, just be patient.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board