Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Off Topic Small Talk Forum settings: post per page etc.

Forum settings: post per page etc.

Link to this post 18 Apr 11

Hi

I have tried to find settings to change the numbers of post shown on each page in the forum. It is 6 and I prefer to have more on each page. I think I looked everywhere but did I miss it? Please tell me where to change it or add this feature. It's not funny to have so many pages and is hard to get an overview of the thread.

Also in the "sub-forum" you can't see the names of the latest poster in the latest post column. I would really like to have that because it makes it easier to see who made the latest post in a topic whiteout opening it.

And whats up with the flood control? I'm just browsing the forums like normal but get these 15 seconds flood control messages? I almost lost one of my post, the text was gone but the browser reposted it when I pressed back + forward (thank god for that).

Best Regards
Aron

Link to this post 19 Apr 11

And where's the threaded view....

Even the moderators get the 15 second timeout. It is one of the problems that were discussed during the meeting at the collaboration summit. There are reasons it's there, it just isn't working correctly.

I've never thought about a threaded view, if I understand what your looking for, we might have to ask if that's possible.

marc wrote:

And where's the threaded view....

That I did find, next to the search box. In the "sub-forums" or in a thread.

EDIT: you can also set it in your profile settings.

Ack ... Aron's right. Funny what you don’t see until you look for it.

asedt wrote:

[b]marc wrote:[/b]
[quote]And where's the threaded view....

That I did find, next to the search box. In the "sub-forums" or in a thread.

EDIT: you can also set it in your profile settings.[/quote]

I meant if it *worked*

About the flood protection: it's *terrible*. A pain in the ***

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board