Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Off Topic Small Talk Join the Nua Lae Project!

Join the Nua Lae Project!

Link to this post 21 May 11

Lman wrote:

So I'm just curious but as far as apps go what are you planning to do? I mean, whenever I use Ubuntu with gnome 2, I either find myself using Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic. I personally don't care too much for synaptic, but will you be able to use the software center considering it's based off of ubuntu? Just wondering :)

We should have no problem retaining the current Ubuntu Software Center, and will likely even keep it in the Gnome applications menu like it has been in recent versions of Ubuntu. Linux Mint has been daring in replacing the Ubuntu Software Center with their Software Manager, but I don't plan on going down that road.

Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?

Lman wrote:

Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?

I'll be updating this thread when an ISO is available, while the link itself will probably be going to Launchpad or something. The best way to keep up with the project would be to follow it on Facebook or Twitter. :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board