Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Off Topic Small Talk The Forum Website is back up.

The Forum Website is back up.

Link to this post 08 Oct 11

Looks like I'm the first one back. :-)

I'm glad to see Linux back on-line. It was down for quite a while.

It will be interesting to read the report that comes out as to what transpired.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Link to this post 09 Oct 11

Hey Wayne

Yes, you were the first one to successfully post. We've been looking at the site in read-only mode for a few days, and the admins are tweaking the functions as quick as they can. Hopefully, as soon as everything settles down, we'll be able get back to subject at hand, Linux. Until then, keep and eye out, visit often, there will be much to see here in the near future.

Tom

Link to this post 11 Oct 11

Hi Goineasy9,

I know I'm happy to see Linux.com back up! However, it seems like the traffic very lown on the site. I know you guys are still tweaking the functions of the site, but maybe once your done, you could send out an email to all of the members notifying them that the site is back up and running. I know I almost gave up on checking the site because it was down for so long, maybe some others gave up as well and the email could be a good way to bring them back. Idk... it's just a thought.

Welcome back!

Link to this post 11 Oct 11

Yea, I agree that it would be a good idea to e-mail the members when the form is fully operational again.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Link to this post 12 Oct 11

Thank you both for your input.
We will speak with the site admins about making an e-mail announcement once everything has been stabilized.

Link to this post 15 Oct 11

Hmm... so it seems we are mostly just a forum for the moment, huh? Ah well... nice to see some familiar folks. :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board