Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Code:

# cd /usr/bin
# chmod 0755 ssh

1.no ssh on /usr/bin
2. how do i enable telnet?

hi,

i am trying to find ssh source code for ARm, and cant find it.

can anyone advise?

Generally the source code is the same as x86, you only need to configure the build for your selected architecture.

http://ftp.slackware.org.uk/armedslack/armedslack-13.37/source/n/openssh/openssh.SlackBuild has an example of the build flags needed to build openssh on an ARM processor.

You can also use the which command (if it is installed) to look for sshd and telnet on the system.

Yoavkarmon wrote:

Code:

1.no ssh on /usr/bin

interesting. Need to dig more in file structure.

2. how do i enable telnet?

# chmod 0755 /bin/telnet

2. then open , "/etc/inetd.conf" , using

# vi /etc/inetd.conf

as a root user.
[ Now, you should be careful, since you have opened one important file as a root user. ]

3. look for the word " telnet " and that line should be commented, by adding " # " at the beginning.

4. after you found that line , you just remove the " # " in that line.

5. then reboot the board .

6. To ensure the telnet working state, after powered up , give

#telnet localhost

or

#telnet 127.0.0.1

that should ask for user name and password . thats it.

Then after that, you can use telnet to communicate with the board.

Note: Please make sure, you did not made any other changes in inetd.conf file. Or else, I suggest you to make copy of that for safer side.

#cp /etc/inetd.conf <your_destination>

mfillpot wrote:

Generally the source code is the same as x86, you only need to configure the build for your selected architecture.

http://ftp.slackware.org.uk/armedslack/armedslack-13.37/source/n/openssh/openssh.SlackBuild has an example of the build flags needed to build openssh on an ARM processor.

Great and thanks for the link.
If possible, using a simple Slackware script can you please explain it step by step in a blog post.
I really want to know more regarding the scripts, which will be easier to solve ,most of the situations. And, without any doubt, that will help the New Slackware users to know more about the system functionalities by going through concern scripts.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board