Linux.com

writing cgi using C++

Link to this post 23 May 11

Hi

I'm writing a C++ program to run it as cgi. I need to receive input, and as I've found out looking up the net, the most fundamental way is to use getenv() from cstdlib.h.

I wanna know if there's any other interface to receiving environment variables, that is made for C++, I mean I look for equivalent of cstdlib.h in C++, IF EXISTS AT ALL.

Thanks. :)

Link to this post 23 May 11

and of course, how to receive POST data?

Link to this post 24 May 11

ActiveX wrote:

and of course, how to receive POST data?

The system call interface to any CGI program/script is the same no matter the language the CGI was written in. This is documented in the HTML standards. You just need for your C/C++ program to process the passed arguments appropriately.

woboyle wrote:

The system call interface to any CGI program/script is the same no matter the language the CGI was written in. This is documented in the HTML standards. You just need for your C/C++ program to process the passed arguments appropriately.

I do not know much about this matter (if anything at all).

Do you have any link where I could get introduced to all this CGI world?

Thanks woboyle!

Regards

Rubberman, what do you mean by that?
Receiving GET data is as simple as using getenv("QUERY_STRING") , kid's stuff, but I need to handle much bigger data and therefore I have to use ... POST! you know.

Please tell me clearly what should I do to receive post data?

And also, I asked if there's any library that can be used instead of <stdlib.h> and is not based on <stdlib.h>.

I believe that the POST data is passed to the stdin of the CGI program.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board