Linux.com

reboot

Link to this post 18 Jan 12

i have got issues i cant resolve so was wandering if i am able to reboot linux from scratch
system info is as follows
model aspire one
operating system linpus linux lite v1.0.13.E
cpu intel(r) atom(tm) cpu n270 @1.60ghz
system memory 512 mb
hard drive 8gb
battery li-on 2200may
bios version vo.3109
any help would be great

Reboot or reinstall?

And whats the question exactly?

when i try to install anything it wants paswords wich we dont no so i would like to start linux from scratch if possible

Link to this post 19 Jan 12

you can look for the default password for your distro in net.

for example Slack has default password as "toor" for "root" user

Or create a super user password, [ if it not created previously ]
"sudo passwd root"

If you do not have the passwords for your system, there are ways to reset the root password. I'm not sure what Linpus shows when it is booting up, but, if you see the grub screen (it would be the screen that has a list of kernel, and maybe a choice for memtest) you can stop the boot at that point and add a "1" to the kernel line and then go through a few commands to reset the password. We need to know if you see the grub screen first. Maybe give a list of what screens or what screen changes you see while you are booting up.
I'm looking into what the Linpus system looks like, I mentioned it in another thread that you wrote. If I can find something, it'll make it easier to help you. If you can tell us what you see, it'll make things easier.

I would take any of the big distros and install it on your laptop. Opensuse, Fedora or Ubuntu will probably work well :)

Regards

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board