Linux.com

Make PDC or LDAP server

Link to this post 21 May 11

hey, it's clear you're not stupid!

as i recall, i had been tasked to set up a server to be an email server (using postfix and smtpd and cyrus-imapd with auth via LDAP and intefaced with SquirrelMail) and be a chat server (auth with LDAP servied via jabberd). it was fun, but getting LDAP to work w/all that was a bee-yotch. and I never got it to do anything more robust, like allowing remote users to log in and get a shell, etc.

Link to this post 21 May 11

atreyu wrote:

and I never got it to do anything more robust, like allowing remote users to log in and get a shell, etc.

Hehehe, that was precisely one of my deployment requirements... ;)

Regards

Link to this post 23 May 11

Thank you for reply... i think as new in linux its hard to follow that instruction but its a big help for me.. other than OpenLDAP they have another i need to install and configure to my Ubuntu server?

haliparotin wrote:

[b]Thank you for reply[/b]... i think as new in linux its hard to follow that instruction but its a big help for me.. other than [b]OpenLDAP[/b] they have another i need to install and configure to my Ubuntu server?

RedHat clones have an own directory server, dunno if it has been ported to Ubuntu...

Regards

Can you give me some sample of Redhat Clone.. thank you..

haliparotin wrote:

whats the other Redhat clone are?

You've got either CentOS or Scientific Linux (there might be others as well).

You can check at RedHat's documentation in

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/index.html

Regards

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board