Linux.com

My screen has shrunk

Link to this post 20 Aug 09

for some reason my screen has gone and shrunk and when I go to display and click on mirror screen it doesn't seem to do anything.

Not quite sure what you are asking/saying. Are you talking about your whole GNOME or KDE display?

You can reconfigure X in ubuntu by running:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

It will bring up an automated "wizard". You can answer the questions and it will reset X to the newly desired display settings.

Hi
what I meant was instead of the display (desktop) reaching both sides of the screen its smaller and centered. And I cant seems to stretch the display out to fit the screen.

Link to this post 22 Aug 09

Have you tried using the System>>Preferences>>Display to change your resolution?

What is the current resolution set to?
What version of Unbuntu are you using?

Hi Clark

I changed the resolution to the highest one available and it worked
thank you so much for taking the time to answer my simple question.
I noticed that the simpler questions get brushed aside in these forums, and it makes learning a much slower progress especially when you can't find answers though google.

The one thing left now is a small box in the top left hand corner which has “Laptop 16'” written in it. So just wondering how to get rid of it. As I don't think I want to be boasting about my 16 incher.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board