Linux.com

No Common CDrom drive

Link to this post 26 Apr 11

Im install this to Asus motherboard P7H55-M LX and i try to change the cdrom its the same issue i got but im using USB flash drive for installation.. i think the ubuntu cannot support the motherboard? THANK YOU for reply...

Link to this post 26 Apr 11

haliparotin wrote:

Im install this to Asus motherboard [b]P7H55-M LX[/b] and i try to change the cdrom its the same issue i got but im using USB flash drive for installation.. i think the ubuntu cannot support the motherboard? T[b]HANK YOU[/b] for reply...

Can you please share all error messages that you were getting so we can help to diagnose the issues instead of guessing?

Link to this post 27 Apr 11

Can you teach me how can i get the error message on installation process or a prints screen? because the only appear is No Common CDrom Drive Detected..

Link to this post 27 Apr 11

haliparotin wrote:

Can you teach me how can i get the error message on installation process or a prints screen? because the only appear is [b]No Common CDrom Drive Detected[/b]..

Have you attempted to hit ESC during the boot splash screen to have it change to terminal mode? this will allow you to see all actions that your system is taking and review the output for additional errors.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board