Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux Distributions Ubuntu Things to do after installing Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic!

Things to do after installing Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic!

Link to this post 20 Nov 09

Things to do after installing Ubuntu? I think don't need install some additional programs. On laptop I'm using ubuntu and I just installed VLC media player and MonoDevelop. VLC media player is best media player under Linux platform for me and MonoDevelop I installed because I need it for programming .net apps under Linux platform. :)

Link to this post 26 Nov 09

altNull wrote:

Good Post. You forgot the number 1 thing you can do in a Linux distro - Figure out some way to epicly break Linux, then post about it on the forums. I ounce, after downloading about 600+ packages to fix an audio problem, found my self on a different desktop from Gnome. It wasn't KDE or Xfce. I showed it to a Linux guru I know. His response was "What the..." Best laugh of my life.

ROTFLMAO! It's 0230 AM here on Thanksgiving morning, I just about blew my coffee out my nose reading this one. Thanks for the chuckle, alt. It was needed!
:woohoo:
:lol:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board