Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux Distributions Ubuntu Ubuntu, 11.04 (fully updated)

Ubuntu, 11.04 (fully updated)

Link to this post 16 Oct 11

I did as well and I tried gnome 3 and don't personally like it. Gnome 3 and Unity are both pretty similar in my opinion. However KDE is a whole different beast and worth giving it a good long test.

Unity I don't mind although I hated it like you do in the beginning, but KDE is just a lot more productive of an environment in my opinion and just as nice if not nicer to look at.

Link to this post 16 Oct 11

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions once you have installed Kubuntu, I think you will be impressed.

Link to this post 17 Oct 11

I know that Ubuntu 11.04 has a session option to use Gnome-legacy which is basically gnome2, if you dislike the new interface so much but do not want to loose the tools you can use the alternate GUI which is already installed.

Mint seems to be working satisfactorily but, when I next install, I'll probably go for KDE installation. I've been meaning to cut over for ages but you know how it is (putting things like that off). I'm just a bit too busy at the moment to go through all the pain of getting all my tools and what-nots to work again.

Thanks for all the assistance though.

No problem glad to help, when you do end up trying Kubuntu, please let me know what you think of it.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board