Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux System Administration Web Management upgrade my website without disturbing current load

upgrade my website without disturbing current load

Link to this post 15 Apr 11

kushallinux wrote:

actually my company is taken me to solve linux related problems
so i cant heir any consultant

No ofense man but... they might need to to hire someone else. I don't mean to be rude, just pointing the obvious.

That or... work, work,work, work, work. And when you think you've got it all managed: work harder!!!

Regards

kushallinux wrote:

actually my company is taken me to solve linux related problems
so i cant heir any consultant

In that case you have a long manual effort ahead of you. Hopefully you are doing this upgrade on a cloned machine instead of the productions server.

If you are on a clone machine then you can re-clone the original machine and attempt the upgrade operation again from the link I previously provided doing them in increments.

If you are on the production machine then I would go with the plan to backup the tables, remove the original software, install the new version of the software then attempt to append the old data into the new tables.

yes i m working in cloned machine

kushallinux wrote:

yes i m working in cloned machine

In that case you should re-clone the machine, then increment through the upgrades from 4.3->4.4->4.5 and test for errors between each upgrade all on the clone while documenting your work.

but i m not getting ezpublish 4.4 from internet
i m only able to download ezpublish 4.5

kushallinux wrote:

but i m not getting ezpublish 4.4 from internet
i m only able to download ezpublish 4.5

In this case an international call is justified because you will need to contact the company that sells this product to ask for the 4.4 upgrade scripts, 4.4 installation files or instructions on upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5, you cannot be expected to perform an upgrade on undocumented software As long as it is your job to resolve these issues you must be allowed to use whatever resources are necessary to obtain resolution, if you are a contractor working on this job then you might want to do the call on your personal phone and east the cost personally.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board