Many of you were quick to install our recent release of MeeGo v1.0 on your netbook. We appreciate all of the community help from those of you who tested our release and filed bugs. In fact, this update has over 100 bug fixes and is recommended for all users running MeeGo 1.0.
This update includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your devices, as well as:
- Updated to the 22.214.171.124 kernel
- Faster usb storage finding time down from 5 seconds to 1
- Improved 3D performance
- Many enhancements in the web browser
- Resolution for several email client issues
- Enhanced netbook window manager
- Greatly enhanced visuals
- Full support for GNOME proxy configuration in the media player
- More control over DNS settings
Updating. If you already have MeeGo 1.0 installed on your netbook, you should receive a notification that you have an 'Important update available'. Click Install updates when you see this notification, and follow the instructions on the screen to install your updates. If you are the impatient type, you can manually check for updates by navigating in the user interface to Applications -> System Tools -> Update System.
Issues/Questions. If you run into any issues or have additional questions about the update, you can post them in our MeeGo Netbook Forum.