Pro Linux System Administration
We can all be Linux experts, provided we invest the time in learning the craft of Linux administration. Pro Linux System Administration makes it easy for small to medium‚Äìsized businesses to enter the world of zero‚Äìcost software running on Linux and covers all the distros you might want to use, including Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, and CentOS. Authors, and systems infrastructure experts James Turnbull, Peter Lieverdink, and Dennis Matotek take a layered, component‚Äìbased approach to open source business systems, while training system administrators as the builders of business infrastructure.
If you want to implement a SOHO or SMB Linux infrastructure, Pro Linux System Administration clearly demonstrates everything you need. You‚Äôll find this book also provides a solid framework to move forward and expand your business and associated IT capabilities, and you‚Äôll benefit from the expertise and experienced guidance of the authors. Pro Linux System Administration covers
* An introduction to using Linux and free and open source software to cheaply and efficiently manage your business
* A layered model that allows your infrastructure to grow with your business
* Easy and simple‚Äìto‚Äìunderstand instructions including configurations, examples, and extensive real‚Äìworld hints and tips
What you‚Äôll learn
This book will explain and demonstrate
* Linux architecture
* How to build, back up, and recover Linux servers
* Creating basic networks and network services with Linux
* Building and implementing Linux infrastructure and services including mail, web, databases, and file and print
* Implementing Linux security
* Understanding Linux performance and capacity planning issues
Who is this book for
This book is for small to medium‚Äìsized business owners looking to run their own IT, system administrators considering migrating to Linux, and IT systems integrators looking for an extensible Linux infrastructure management approach.