* High resolution touch screen 2.84‚Äù (43mm x 58mm) 480x640 pixels
* 128MB SDRAM memory
* 256 MB integrated flash memory (expandable with microSD or microSDHC card)
* microSD slot supporting up to 8GB SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards (Supported microSD cards)
* Internal GPS module
* 802.11 b/g WiFi
* 400Mhz ARM processor
* 2 3D accelerometers
* 2 LEDs illuminating the two buttons on the rim of the case (one bicolor [blue|orange] behind the power button, 1 unicolor [red] behind the aux button)
* Tri-band GSM and GPRS
* USB Host function with 500mA power, allowing you to power USB devices for short periods (will drain the FreeRunner battery faster)
The Neo FreeRunner is a Linux-based touch screen smart phone ultimately aimed at general consumer use as well as Linux desktop users and software developers.
Linux users and software developers will appreciate the total freedom they have to use and design software for the FreeRunner.
General phone users will eventually appreciate the high spec and performance of the phone and the wide range of free software packages expected to emerge. These will allow users to make the maximum use of the hardware and tailor it to their particular needs. Since launch, the pace of software tweaks and improvements has increased as both the Openmoko team developers and the wider community work together.