T-Plan Robot (formerly known as VNCRobot) is a universal black box automation and automated testing tool working on top of remote desktop technologies such as VNC. Developed on generic image based testing principles, it provides a human-like approach to software testing and it performs well in situations where other tools may fail. As a result of its open and carefully designed architecture, detailed documentation and open source model it is simple to adopt, integrate and customize.
Major benefits of T-Plan Robot include:
* Platform independence (Java). T-Plan Robot runs on, and automates all major systems, such as Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris and certain mobile platforms.
* Wide range of testable applications. As automation runs at the OS desktop level, the application technology is not relevant. The solution can automate Java, C++/C#, .NET applications, web applications (browser testing) and command line interfaces as well as processes usually considered impossible to automate, such as OS installation or mobile application testing.
* Support of Java test scripts as well as a proprietary scripting language.
* Record & Replay capability.
* Support of testing over the RFB protocol (better known as VNC).
* Ability to perform black box GUI testing of Windows Mobile applications directly on mobile phones (using PocketVNC).
* Open sourced under GPL (except Enterprise features).
* Easy to customize and integrate thanks to open architecture with a generic plugin interface and well documented programming interfaces.
* Tight integration with T-Plan Professional 7.0 (Enterprise version only).