How do I install the driver for Jensen Airlink 500ac In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
I got the driver package from www.JensenScandinavia.com that had a PDF file explaining how to install it.
1 Copy the linux driver rtl8812AU_8821AU-linux-master.zip to your local drive
2 Open the console window
3 Unzip the archive
4 Enter make (and click enter)
5 Enter sudo apt-get install build-essential (and click Enter)
6 Enter sudo modprobe 8812au (and click Enter)
Now the driver is installed and you can start using AL500ac in your Linux System.
How do you unzip the archive from a console window? I unzipped the file with 7zip and it seems that it was not that what they meant.
- (4) Enter make (and click enter) - If I enter "make" in the console window, it says that the parameter is invalid - "make" what?
The line 5 works, but the line 6 just tell me that the module 8812au doesn't exist.
Jensen Scandinavia is renewing their main site and that's all you can get from there. I bought the Jensen product because it was stated on the package that it supports Linux, but the CD comes only with installations for Windows and Mac. My present installed USB wireless is from Netgear and doesn't work at all, the reason why I spent almost 100 pounds to get another equipment that support Linux. What am I doing wrong? (besides of wasting my money?)
I have installed my Jensen airlink 500ac by following the instruction posted...
I have installed my Jensen airlink 500ac by following the instruction posted by Daniel Scrivano http://www.danielscrivano.com in his blog named "installing 4tl8812au on Ubuntu for wireless dual-band usb adapters". It was the only that worked. Today, after updating the Ubuntu system, I was again back to the same problem: the device stopped working.
Went again to the same Daniel Scrivano and repeated his instruction by the letter and the device started to work again (well, I'm using it right now!). So, I'm just confirming that his instructions really work. Thanks.
1) First make sure that you have unzip installed. Connect to the Internet....
1) First make sure that you have unzip installed. Connect to the Internet. Open a Terminal and issue the command: sudo apt-get install unzip
2) In a Terminal issue the command: unzip rtl8812AU_8821AU-linux-master.zip
3) When it says "4 Enter make (and click enter)" you must first NAVIGATE INTO THE DIRECTORY YOU HAVE CREATED. Look here (old but good) http://arvutiring.rvg.edu.ee/lisad/kuidas_tarkvara_ubuntule_paigaldada/ Page down to "Source Package (.tar, .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.bz, ...)"