Linux server OS?
I'm a complete newbie to Linux, and hope to learn as I progess
I am building a computer, for the sole purpose of analysing and optimising data.
This computer will not be used as a server or networking.
Truly I'm out of my depth and need advice, as to which Linux OS, I choose.
1 x ASRock EP2C612D16SM motherboard.
2 x Intel Xeon 2687W v3 processors.
64gb ram (per CPU).
1 x ASUS GeForce GT 730, 2GB graphics card.
ASRock Recommended OS;
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Server 6.5 (32 / 64 bit)
- CentOS 5.10 / 6.5 (32 / 64 bit)
- SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 11 SP3 (32 / 64 bit)
- FreeBSD 9.2 (32 / 64 bit)
- Fedora core 19 (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 (64 bit) / 12.10 (64 bit)
Thanks to anyone who can help.