This is a technical conference devoted to the entire Tizen ecosystem - apps, platform development, productization, and so forth. It's a great way to learn more and refine your skills, while sharing the things you've learned with top developers from around the world.
The CFP will be open until March 13, 2013, with acceptance emails going out the week of March 20th. We're looking for contributions on a broad range of topics, including:
Application development and deployment
- Upcoming and popular applications (development stories, sharing experiences, etc.)
- Tizen API and SDK (tutorials, news, tips and tricks for making great applications, development tools, and helpers)
- App development for HTML5/Tizen native application strategies for Tizen devices
- Design guidelines and User Experience (different Tizen device categories, form factors, crossing the boundaries between them, and differentiation)
- Deploying Tizen apps worldwide, including monetization, internationalization, and localization
- New devices and product development stories (experiences, process, challenges, differentiation)
- Improvements and developments in Tizen hardware adaptation (performance, power, Linux kernel developments, porting process, etc.)
- Information around supported hardware platforms (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, and challenges)
- Platform tools and process (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, tips and tricks, QA etc.)
Tizen project, process, and progress
- Platform overview and key components (status and roadmap)
- Activity reports from various project areas
- Project challenges and discussions on project and process
- Outreach - engaging companies, governments, and others
- Community building and fostering
- Documentation, artwork, infrastructure
Submissions are also welcomed on other topics, as well.
A $50 Early Bird registration fee is available through March 1st. After that it will be $99 until the conference, and $150 to register onsite. There will be a limited number of free passes for confirmed students. In addition, travel support may be available for qualified applicants. Please note this when you register.
See you in San Francisco!