Webmin, an open-source tool written in Perl, is a web-based interface used for Linux system administration purposes. Webmin helps the users in user accounts management, disk quota management and file configurations. Not only this, with Webmin, ont can easily manage services like Apache server, MySQL, PHP and file sharing, to name a few. Being a web-based application, it uses TCP port 10000for handling the communication part through a web browser.
Fixes in This Version
- Several security fixes for XSS attacks in popup windows.
- Added the Fail2Ban module, for blocking the IP addresses of systems that have many failed logins.
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Catalan from Jaume Badiella and Norwegian updates from Stein-Aksel Basma.
- Fixed handling of the url_rewrite_children directive in the Squid module to support all the process count options.
- Improved Ubuntu 14.04 support.
Read more on YourOwnLinux