This Week in Open Source: Open Source Summit a Must-Attend, Linux 4.9 Released, & More
This week in open source and Linux news, The Linux Foundation's Open Source Summit is dubbed a must-attend by Jono Bacon, Linux 4.9 is a "mammoth" release, and more! Read up on your open source news with the digest below!
1) Jono Bacon shares which 2017 open source events he will be attending in the new year, including The Linux Foundation's newly named Open Source Summit.
Top Open Source Conference Picks for 2017- Opensource.com
2) Linux 4.9 is "a mammoth release spanning 22 million lines of code."
3) Docker to let go of a critical software component, called containerd.
Docker to Donate Another Core Component to a Foundation- Data Center Knowledge
4) Nextcloud has released version 11 of the open source file sync and storage platform, which has boosted security features.
5) “It’s free – like a puppy,” said Scott Gregory, deputy director of the Office of Digital Innovation for the State of California’s Department of Technology (CDT)
Open Source Software Carries Hidden Costs- GovTech Works