Community

For the community, by the community, Linux.com is the central resource for Linux users, developers, system administrators, DevOps, and open source professionals. This is the place to learn about the latest in Linux and open source development, careers, best practices, and industry trends. Get news, information, and hands-on experience to help with your next project or career – or simply scratch an itch. Learn how to participate.

Recent forum posts

January 21, 2017 | Labs 2, 3 and 4 - DevStack Liberty Release removed
In LFS252 Class Forum
January 21, 2017 | What distribution i need? how to learn linux and bash?
In New to Linux / Getting Started with Linux
January 20, 2017 | Booting into non-graphical mode
In LFS201 Class Forum
January 20, 2017 | Linux version of EQUINOX-3D v0.9.7 is released
In Software

Recent Comments

January 22, 2017 | 5 Linux Desktop Environments on the Rise for 2017
Fails to address, much less compare and discuss, the relative cpu and RAM usage. Assumes facts not...
January 21, 2017 | Labs 2, 3 and 4 - DevStack Liberty Release removed
I really hope, that we'll get some updated, and properly working labs any day now. I'm stuck here,...
January 21, 2017 | This Week in Open Source News: Linux & Open Source Vulnerabilities in 2017
If what was stated in this article is true, then all who use open source software must be able to...
January 21, 2017 | What distribution i need? how to learn linux and bash?
The best way I have found to learn Linux is to consult the documentation of the distro you are...
January 21, 2017 | Begin with Arch and add desired packages: any real benefits over existing distro?
Linux still has a hill to climb to become a major player on the desktop. That is a market seized...
Click Here!