• Last Logged In: 30 Oct 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • hahagal
    RE: Unable to copy file from Linux to Windows
    Mine is Linux SUSE Enterprise 10. From what I saw in the system services, there is one called "smb". But is not enabled.. will it affect anything if I enabled it?
    Link to this post 28 Oct 09

Mine is Linux SUSE Enterprise 10. From what I saw in the system services, there is one called "smb". But is not enabled.. will it affect anything if I enabled it?

• hahagal
    RE: Unable to copy file from Linux to Windows
    May I know how can I check if my Linux is configured properly to communicate with Windows?
    Link to this post 28 Oct 09

May I know how can I check if my Linux is configured properly to communicate with Windows?

• hahagal
    Unable to copy file from Linux to Windows
    Hi, I have a Linux platform and Windows XP platform. I have created a shared folder on Windows. I am unable to copy file from linux to my shared folder in Windows. My command is as follow: cp cp file.txt smb:///Deploy
    Link to this post 27 Oct 09

Hi, I have a Linux platform and Windows XP platform. I have created a shared folder on Windows. I am unable to copy file from linux to my shared folder in Windows. My command is as follow:

cp <filename> <destination_directory>

cp file.txt smb://<IP ADDRESS>/Deploy

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board