Community

For the community, by the community, Linux.com is the central resource for Linux users, developers, system administrators, DevOps, and open source professionals. This is the place to learn about the latest in Linux and open source development, careers, best practices, and industry trends. Get news, information, and hands-on experience to help with your next project or career – or simply scratch an itch. Learn how to participate.

Recent forum posts

March 1, 2017 | dual boot
In New to Linux / Getting Started with Linux
February 27, 2017 | RE: Signing Into GRUB But...
In LFS201 Class Forum
February 24, 2017 | 11.4.a VLAN - wrong path
In LFS211 Class Forum
February 24, 2017 | 11.3 Routing - wrong path
In LFS211 Class Forum

Recent Comments

March 1, 2017 | 4 Security Steps to Take Before You Install Linux
All the download links for the ebook point discussed in the article points to a salesforce site...
March 1, 2017 | dual boot
What does the system identify that external drive as? Drive 0, 1, 2, etc. You'll need to know how...
March 1, 2017 | An Introduction to Vim for Sysadmins
`y` is just to copy, not to cut. For that you'd use `x` or `c`, depending on what else you're...
February 28, 2017 | AT&T, Intel, Google, Microsoft, Visa, and More to Speak at Open Networking Summit 2017
Tech giants to be assembled under one roof.
February 27, 2017 | Lab 3.1: Booting into Non-Graphical Mode Using GRUB (Ubuntu 16.10)
Sir/Ma'am...I got the text mode to work on Ubuntu 16.04 in my hypervisor (VMware). I had to change...
Click Here!