• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 27 Feb 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • tjwoosta
    We need some form of moderation on PM's!
    Im starting to recieve spam in my PM's from fellow linux.com members. Apparently there is no way to report it, or report the sender, or anything. We need some form of moderation there as well as with the groups if anybody expects this site to survive. Here is a copy of the message that was sent to me by a user with the nickname lizzy. [quote]Dear Friend, I know that this is an unusual platform for us to be discussing this Kind of business but the situation has necessitated me to use this Medium to communicate you for now. But let me introduce myself to you. I am Miss. Elizabeth Mark, the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of my Bank. In my department I discovered an abandoned sum of US$14.5M, (Fourteen Million, and Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) at our head office Accra Ghana, that belongs to one of our foreign customers, who died along with his wife and only son in a plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight number 261 which crashed on 31 January, 2000. The owner of this account is Mr. Morris Thompson an American and great industrialist and a resident of Alaska. It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this Business proposal to you and for our bank to release the money to You, for more detail send me an email in my private email address( elizabethmark28@gmail.com or elizabeth_ssb@sify.com ) Yours truly, Miss. Elizabeth Mark.[/quote]
    Link to this post 24 May 09

Im starting to recieve spam in my PM's from fellow linux.com members. Apparently there is no way to report it, or report the sender, or anything. We need some form of moderation there as well as with the groups if anybody expects this site to survive.

Here is a copy of the message that was sent to me by a user with the nickname lizzy.

Dear Friend, I know that this is an unusual platform for us to be discussing this Kind of business but the situation has necessitated me to use this Medium to communicate you for now. But let me introduce myself to you. I am Miss. Elizabeth Mark, the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of my Bank. In my department I discovered an abandoned sum of US$14.5M, (Fourteen Million, and Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) at our head office Accra Ghana, that belongs to one of our foreign customers, who died along with his wife and only son in a plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight number 261 which crashed on 31 January, 2000. The owner of this account is Mr. Morris Thompson an American and great industrialist and a resident of Alaska. It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this Business proposal to you and for our bank to release the money to You, for more detail send me an email in my private email address( elizabethmark28@gmail.com or elizabeth_ssb@sify.com ) Yours truly, Miss. Elizabeth Mark.

• tjwoosta
    RE: We need a feedback and suggestions section!
    O, I see, well thats no fun. One would think a forum meant only for support should be under Learn, not Community.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

O, I see, well thats no fun.

One would think a forum meant only for support should be under Learn, not Community.

• tjwoosta
    We need a feedback and suggestions section!
    There are a couple of things missing here. First, we need a Feedback and Suggestions section on the forums. I say this because there are many things that need attention, for instance the way there are multiple groups on the same topics. It seems there is no form of moderation at linux.com, as far as groups anyway. Second, it would be great to have a General Discussion board. Sometimes people have things they would like to discuss that just dont belong with any specific distro.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

There are a couple of things missing here.

First, we need a Feedback and Suggestions section on the forums. I say this because there are many things that need attention, for instance the way there are multiple groups on the same topics. It seems there is no form of moderation at linux.com, as far as groups anyway.

Second, it would be great to have a General Discussion board. Sometimes people have things they would like to discuss that just dont belong with any specific distro.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board