• Last Logged In: 27 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • liamdawe
    RE: Can't edit my own articles?
    [quote="Istimsak Abdulbasir"]Can you send a link to the article that you can't edit?[/quote] All 3 done by "me" although only 1 actually was and the other two got put under my account as they are about my website. Here's an example: http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/675643--share-our-news-welcome-to-gamingonlinuxcom-steam-a-round-up-of-all-things-steam-right-now It was done by someone else, linked under my account but i can't edit it even though its done by "me". Same for the other 2.
    Link to this post 24 Jan 13

Istimsak Abdulbasir said:

Can you send a link to the article that you can't edit?

All 3 done by "me" although only 1 actually was and the other two got put under my account as they are about my website.

Here's an example: http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/675643--share-our-news-welcome-to-gamingonlinuxcom-steam-a-round-up-of-all-things-steam-right-now

It was done by someone else, linked under my account but i can't edit it even though its done by "me".

Same for the other 2.

• liamdawe
    Can't edit my own articles?
    Is there a reason I cannot edit articles that are linked to my account? It became a problem before when someone submitted an article to linux.com from my website, it was accepted and had completely the wrong links instead of linking to the article on my website it linked to my profile on my website. Now I have submitted one but realised i didn't put the read more link in to the actual article...but i can't edit it.
    Link to this post 24 Jan 13

Is there a reason I cannot edit articles that are linked to my account? It became a problem before when someone submitted an article to linux.com from my website, it was accepted and had completely the wrong links instead of linking to the article on my website it linked to my profile on my website.

Now I have submitted one but realised i didn't put the read more link in to the actual article...but i can't edit it.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board