• Last Logged In: 28 Aug 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • razor123
    RE: Hello
    I know exactly what you mean about the constant annoyances of windows. When i boot it up I have to wait almost ten minutes for vista to start up that the only thing I feel like doing when i finally hear the login sound is botting ubuntu. After that for about another 15 minutes the computer goes through a cycle of freezing up every few seconds and if i ever click the update button for norton it gets stuck until I end it with task manager. Sometimes I wonder how I survived without linux.
    Link to this post 24 Aug 11

I know exactly what you mean about the constant annoyances of windows. When i boot it up I have to wait almost ten minutes for vista to start up that the only thing I feel like doing when i finally hear the login sound is botting ubuntu. After that for about another 15 minutes the computer goes through a cycle of freezing up every few seconds and if i ever click the update button for norton it gets stuck until I end it with task manager. Sometimes I wonder how I survived without linux.

• razor123
    Thanks mfillpot and saqman2060, I really want to get XP but I can't find it anywhere legally and my games don't work with wine. My computer is almost 5 years old and the only reason we haven't replaced it and got a better version of windows is because my family found out that the computer actually works if they use ubuntu, so that's both a blessing and a curse :P
    Link to this post 23 Aug 11

Thanks mfillpot and saqman2060, I really want to get XP but I can't find it anywhere legally and my games don't work with wine. My computer is almost 5 years old and the only reason we haven't replaced it and got a better version of windows is because my family found out that the computer actually works if they use ubuntu, so that's both a blessing and a curse :P

• razor123
    Thanks for the help. The guides i read led me to think triple booting was a lot harder than dual booting.
    Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Thanks for the help. The guides i read led me to think triple booting was a lot harder than dual booting.

• razor123
    Hello
    I've been using Ubuntu for about 8 months now but everytime I feel like i know what I'm doing something new hits me. However, it runs waaay faster than Vista and I'm learning more in a week than i did in a year using Vista. Right now I have Vista and Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my 4 year old computer. I want to install another distro (I'm thinking Sabayon) but my family has grown fond of Ubuntu and I'm not sure I'm ready to get rid of vista yet. I've looked around and i can't find a guide for triple booting that i completely understand so i was wondering if i could find some help here.
    Link to this post 18 Aug 11

I've been using Ubuntu for about 8 months now but everytime I feel like i know what I'm doing something new hits me. However, it runs waaay faster than Vista and I'm learning more in a week than i did in a year using Vista. Right now I have Vista and Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my 4 year old computer. I want to install another distro (I'm thinking Sabayon) but my family has grown fond of Ubuntu and I'm not sure I'm ready to get rid of vista yet. I've looked around and i can't find a guide for triple booting that i completely understand so i was wondering if i could find some help here.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board